A Bobwhite Mountain Cozy Mystery: Book 1
Publication Date: May 1, 2022
When Landry Burke’s favorite Aunt Tildie passes away, Landry inherits the entire estate. It includes a five story apartment building named Magnolia Place, as well as a bookstore across the street named Jasmine Bloom Books, both located in Bobwhite Mountain, Tennessee.
Landry packs up and leaves Bent Branch, SC for the hills of Tennessee. On her very first day there, she and her aunt’s attorney, Adam Wilcox, find the body of one of Magnolia Place’s employees. Between her panic attacks, anxiety and trying to adjust to her new surroundings, Landry wants this murder solved and fast.
Sheriff Wyatt Collins and his deputies are on the case. Now, if they can just keep Landry from trying to help and causing danger to herself.
And Jasmine Bloom’s manager, and late Aunt Tildie’s best friend, Ms. Millie, is convinced that Landry is trying to get her killed because of all the zany situations they find themselves in.
Take a visit to Bobwhite Mountain and find out what all of the fuss is about.
Crap Meat Au Gratin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium saucepan (Landry uses cast iron), melt the butter
- Add the onion (cook until tender)
- Add the flour and cook while stirring until it is nice and light brown
- Slowly stir in the milk and cook all of this until it starts to thicken up, then stir in half of the shredded cheese, the creole seasoning and hot sauce (how much depends on your taste)
- Reduce heat to low and cook just until the cheese is melted.
- Put in the crabmeat (Landry says she has used canned crab meat as well as imitation for this recipe)
- Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture in. Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until you see it bubbling around the edges
- Landry says she serves this as a meal with salad and garlic bread. She has also eaten it as a dip on crackers.
Jamie Rutland Gillespie was born and raised in a tiny, country town in South Carolina. At the age of 18, she moved to a slightly larger town in the same state and still lives there. She spent much of her youth visiting the beaches of the low country and taking trips to the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee. The mountains were always her “happy place,” and she still visits every chance she gets.
Jamie has always loved to read; she got her library card at the small library of her hometown at the young age of 6. She has a vivid imagination and has always made-up stories of places, people and situations that only exist in her head.
She currently lives in South Carolina with her husband, daughter and 17-year-old Yorkie Pom, who is her baby and shadow. She loves college football and has been a South Carolina Gamecock fan since birth. She also loves MLB and has been a Braves fan since she was a little girl, watching the games and going to games with her Dad. She is still an avid reader and enjoys writing, crossword puzzles, baking, and spending time with her family.
August 1 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
August 1 – Christa Reads and Writes – SPOTLIGHT
August 2 – Moonlight Rendezvous – REVIEW
August 2 – Lady Hawkeye – SPOTLIGHT
August 3 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT
August 3 – I Read What You Write – SPOTLIGHT
August 4 – Christy’s Cozy Corners – RECIPE POST
August 4 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT
August 5 – #BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog – SPOTLIGHT
August 5 – Lisa Ks Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
August 6 – Socrates Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
August 7 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT
August 8 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
August 8 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
August 9 – Novels Alive – RECIPE POST
August 10 – Novels Alive – REVIEW
August 10 – Hearts & Scribbles – SPOTLIGHT
August 11 – Baroness Book Trove – SPOTLIGHT
August 12 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT
August 13 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW
August 13 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – SPOTLIGHT
August 14 – BookishKelly2020 – SPOTLIGHT