- Los Angeles is my original home and a place I love because of all the culture and diversity. Most of the time, the traffic there doesn’t bother me.
- I am a vegetarian and have been since I was about two years old. My parents would try to force-feed me meat and I always pushed it away. Years later I would find out that I have A positive blood, and most of the people with this type of blood are vegetarians.
- A friend of my dad’s called once when I was about ten years old. I told him I liked his script and then paused. He was gushing with excitement that I had read it. I then told him it needed a little work. While this created hours of laughter for my parents, this writer never forgot that I said his work needed work.
- For many years I moved around so much that my parents would write my address and phone number in pencil. Thinking about how challenging moving can be, I have no idea how or why I moved so many times.
- My college degree didn’t happen until I was in my early thirties. I was going for a criminal justice degree at the time but realized I didn’t want to be in law enforcement or become a lawyer. I settled on business and never regretted it.
- When I was sixteen my mom lovingly took me on vacation to Australia. I paid her back by reading the book, The Thorn Birds whilst we were there. I have vowed to make it back there one day.
- When I see someone make something look really easy, and it is something I want to learn how to do, I ask them how they do it.
- I believe in giving random compliments to strangers. If I love your shoes, I am going to tell you. If your outfit is absolutely gorgeous, I will tell you.
- I am the person who will tell a complete stranger that they have spinach (or something else hiding) in their teeth. More people should do this. That is how we can raise one another up.
- Using the word “I” so many times in a row makes me very uncomfortable. Can we talk about you instead?
Publication Date: February 22, 2021
I Can Still Hear You is a powerful and deeply moving story which grapples with the universal pain of grief and the loss of a loved one. When Scarlett O’Connor loses her father at the age of 30, she’s forced to face the shambles that her life has become. With no money and no savings, the only thing that waits for her is a cryptic map and a mysterious letter. With nothing left to lose, she embarks on a trip to Maui for her father’s final adventure, to begin a treasure hunt which will force her to look deep inside herself and come to terms with her pain and grief.
Accompanied by her less-than-supportive fiancé, a close childhood friend, and an enigmatic man who was her father’s old acquaintance, Scarlett must decode the mystery and find the hidden treasure. But she knows she must face her fears alone, and calling upon the spirit of her father for guidance, she struggles to reconcile her emotions and uncover the treasure before her time in Maui comes to an end.
Perfect for fans of contemporary and women’s fiction, I Can Still Hear You is a gripping tale which will resonate with anybody who has struggled with the death of someone close. This book is a testament to the fact that even though we may have lost them, our loved ones stay with us no matter what challenges we face.
The eBook is On Sale for 99¢ During the Tour!
One randomly chosen winner via Rafflecopter will win a $50 Amazon or Barnes & Noble.com gift card.
Nicole Black is an author, motivational speaker, and entrepreneur with a passion for sharing unique stories and helping people grow. For over 20 years, she’s worked in the business world as a corporate trainer in employee productivity and effective growth, where she’s helped some of the biggest brands in hospitality and entertainment grow sustainably through inspiring their employees. She’s been featured on platforms including TEDxWilmington, Jack Canfield Show, Santa Barbara News Press, The George DiGianni Show, and the Tom Barnard Show.
Through her writing, Nicole hopes to empower her readers and impart valuable lessons about grief, loss, and emotional growth. In her free time, Nicole enjoys traveling, yoga, and spending time with her wonderful daughter in their home of Santa Barbara, California.
April 20: Novels Alive
April 22: Romance Novel Giveaways
April 27: Literary Gold
April 29: Lisa Haselton’s Reviews and Interviews
May 4: All the Ups and Downs
May 6: Viviana MacKade
May 11: Andi’s Book Reviews – review
May 13: The Key Of Love
May 18: Fabulous and Brunette
May 20: Hope. Dreams. Life… Love
May 25: fundinmental
May 27: The Avid Reader
June 1: Rogue’s Angels
June 3: Author C.A.Milson
June 8: Sandra’s Book Club – review only
June 10: Seven Troublesome Sisters
June 15: Cover To Cover Cafe
June 17: Author Deborah A. Bailey Blog
June 22: Our Families Adventure
June 24: It’s Raining Books
June 29: Harlie’s Books
July 1: Our Town Book Reviews – review only
July 13: Jazzy Book Reviews
July 15: Novels Alive – review only
July 20: Westveil Publishing
July 22: Lamon Reviews
July 27: BooksChatter
July 29: The Faerie Review
August 3: The Obsessed Reader
August 5: Long and Short Reviews